Sunday, October 3, 2010

Athens

After a day's rest at sea, we docked in Pirreaus and I took a trip to the Acropolis - one of those things you just are supposed to do if it's your first trip to Athens. Been there, done that. I appreciate the fact that they're trying to preserve the structure, but it's really being rebuilt. And, the last time they preserved it, they did it incorrectly, so now are fixing previous mistakes. Next time I'll go to Corinth. My knees went on strike after four days of climbing. And what to my wondering eyes should appear, but no Motrin. I found all sorts of little stuff that didn't get packed. Urghhhh. And all sorts of stuff that I could do without. So, I've convinced a great couple that we met to take my rolling carry-on home with them to Colorado Springs to be collected at some later date. I'm not sure what I was thinking, or maybe more importantly, I wasn't thinking. I feel lighter already. Today, we're in Messina, tomorrow at sea, and then into Rome before flying to Venice. We still have four weeks left. Good grief. What were we thinking.

No comments:

Post a Comment