Monday, August 17, 2009

Shoes

OK. I have a lot of shoes but not so many that I can't count them. I have most of them in plastic boxes with labels. I really don't want to count them. But, I know I have fewer than Nancy because she has one of every Enzio flats ever made. What concerns me about these shoes, though, was that we're more than half way through the summer, and I had yet to wear my white sandals. If the truth were known, I'd forgotten about them. So, now, most of the people with whom I come in contact with think I only have one pair of summer shoes - the white ones. My daughter tries to tell me that no one pays attention to that rule of "no white shoes after Labor Day," but she's not constrained by the "old thinking." In fact, she wears white slacks far longer than I would and the thought of carrying a white purse in the winter seems fine to her. I want to appear modern, but I ain't giving into white shoes after Labor Day. So, for all of you that think I only have one pair of shoe this summer, just wait til after Labor Day.

No comments:

Post a Comment