Wednesday, September 2, 2009

It just gets better and better . . .

Patty and I just got back (I'm almost back) from Creative Escapes, a scrapbooking phenomenon. Now, I've talked before about the value of women friendships, but what I learned in Chandler, AZ that there's a certain power in a group of women, whether they know each other or not. Nearly 700 women gathered together because they have a common interest - scrapbooking. Some older, some not that old, some beginners, some professionals, some of us wannabees. But, put us all in a room together and the electricity could power a small town.

I was also blessed to spend time with two friends of 50 years, give or take. The Nancy's have each played such an important part in my life. They've taught me about life in general, how it can be challenging and how to persevere in the face of obstacles I can't imagine. You guys are my inspiration. And to one of our high school friends who has decided men make better friends than women - shame on you. We won't wine and dine you, but we will be there for you, even when you've lost your way. Too bad she doesn't read this blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment