Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Vera Bradley


As I've said before, my women friends are the foundation of my life. They can also have a mischievous streak. I have long thought Vera Bradley purses looked like diaper bags and why would anyone pay that kind of money? Mea culpa, mea culpa. Innocent as I am, I accepted Patty's invitation to lunch with Kerri, Lori and Kay. It was clear from the onset that I was the interloper. Although I had a really cute little black purse with ruffles, I was no match for the Vera girls with all their little Vera inserts. I began to succumb. To say I am easily influenced, well I just don't like to think of it like that.

Suffice it to say that we had lunch at a little cafe close to a Vera store. I left with a Night Owl on-the-go purse. How was I to know that I'd return this week to add a Yellow Bird Miller tote bag, billfold and assorted other items. I feel so much better and I just love my purse and tote. What was I thinking? I have to be strong. I will not buy every little thing just because it matches. And, no. I've not already booked a plane flight to Ohio or wherever that warehouse is.

3 comments:

  1. You are "one of us" now!!! So much VERA love!!!!! Yellow Bird Rocks.

    Hey... do we see a "bird" theme going on here?

    Hugs,
    Kay and Lori

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love my little Vera cosmetic case and back pack...I love anything that looks cute and can be thrown in the washer. Enjoy them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Indiana! We'll have to plan that at our next meeting!

    Did you give me your e-mail address? I want to invite you to the yahoo group. I will look on your blog and see if it is here.

    Welcome to the club!

    ReplyDelete