Sunday, November 30, 2008

About the idea of "taking a break."


What great advice. Breathe deeply, slow down. Have we had Thanksgiving yet? Surely it's not December already. Thanksgiving is a time to share the blessings. My friend, Katie, the hostess suprema, invited us to share her family's Thanksgiving meal. Family and friends and God's blessings. You could find them all at her house Thanksgiving evening. And, there are so many things to be thankful for. Or as my mother would have preferred, so many things for which we are thankful.

Now the aftermath. I printed the Christmas cards at Costco; bought the stamps, wrote a tiny little note to go in them. I think I need a nap.

I thought about not doing Christmas cards, by my husband explained that this is the time to let old friends know we were thinking about them. Two years ago I hand-made the cards. No one noticed. (Venting is often useful.) OK, I feel better now. He's right, of course. So happy holiday seasons, everyone.

1 comment:

  1. I knew that you had made the cards--I should have told you!!

    ReplyDelete