Thursday, October 15, 2009

Enough already

There I was minding my own business driving to the clinic for my allergy shot. A billboard caught my eye. It was an add for a maternity store. It said, "Knocked up or not, we have clothes for you." If that's not the most tasteless bit of advertising I've seen lately! I'm still irritated. But the drive was saved by a bumper sticker that I thought was great. My husband was nonplussed. (I had to look up nonplussed to check it's meaning, and I'm using it in the more modern way; in other words, he wasn't impressed.) It said "Since guns don't kill people, do pencils misspell words?" I like that. I don't think I remember the exact wording, but you get the point.

1 comment:

  1. There is a fire prevention sign in the dorm kitchen over the stove that has a picture of a red-hot burner and the caption reads: "Now that you got me hot, don't leave me". I'm nonplussed ... but I do like the pencil thing. Maybe I can tell my prof that the keyboard made the typo in my last paper? ;-)

    ReplyDelete