Sunday, June 7, 2009

Go West, Robinsons, Go West


We've begun the trek to WA state to Joe's oldest son's wedding. We've got a van packed to the gills, one dog ( a lap dog Labrador), and two geezers as our daughter is wont to say. I have to remind her that 50 is the new 30 and geezers don't start until the mid-eighties. And when I'm 80, it'll move. We're sailing through seven states. On the first day, we traveled 8 hours and were still in TX. When you look at an Atlas, TX is not to scale of the other states. We took refuge from a hail storm under the entry way to a nursing home. I'm a big off-the-freeway sort of person and we were on some less traveled roads. The wind generators that dot the landscape are wonderful to watch, rather like large herons. My observation is that the further north and west we go, the higher the gas prices and the lower the octane. Why do gas prices go up during the summer? I cannot believe it doesn't have something to do with gouging, but what do I know. More observations to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment